Ever been stuck in a layover airport for what seemed like hours on end? Us too! It’s the price we have to pay to get to that far off destination we’ve been dreaming of going to. Looking back on that long wait though, you have to admit, your reactions eventually become something to laugh about. Let’s reminisce those “emotional stages” as we played the notorious waiting game.
Also read: Surviving a Long-Haul Flight: Confessions of a Filipino First-Timer
1. When you’re still full of energy
Bring it on!
2. When you have enough time to eat
Trying to keep yourself distracted, huh?
3. Then you walk off what you just ate in the Duty-free section
Time to exercise!
4. You then check your social media
What are your friends up to?
5. When you look at the time and only an hour has passed
You’ve gotta be kidding!
6. You slowly realise you have enough time to do everything but nothing
7. Impatience hits you hard
8. Trying to convince yourself that you’re okay
But who are you kidding…
Ayaw ko naaaaa! Iyak nalang.
9. You want to sleep but you have to guard your things
You’re not asking for much…
10. Two hours before boarding
There is light at the end of the tunnel.
11. Almost there
Onti nalang, bes!
12. You’ve never been this excited to carry your bags
Grab your carry-ons, because you’ve got somewhere to be!
13. Pila na!
At last, it is time to board the plane.
You did it!
See, that wasn’t so bad. Well, now it isn’t. Of course, when it’s happening, we can’t help but complain. But at least it gives us something to laugh about in the future!
Also read: 10 Entertaining Apps to Kill Time for Your Next Long-Haul Flight