Finally! Tourism in the Philippines is reawakening — and Bohol, unsurprisingly, is among the local destinations travellers are eyeing to visit. If you’re interested in visiting Bohol as well, make sure to watch out for the Balik sa Bohol Online Sale happening from 21 Feb to 14 Mar 2021.
Score up to 70% off at the Balik sa Bohol Online Sale
Looking to rekindle the Bohol economy, tourism stakeholders are joining forces at this biggest online sale! You can expect to score travel deals up to 70% off. Packages include hotels, food and dining experiences, and tours and activities.
How to buy online hotel vouchers
- Go to the Balik sa Bohol link here. Search for your preferred hotel and tours/activities.
- Click “View Deals”. Choose which deal you want to purchase.
- Click “Buy Now” next to the voucher you want.
- Fill out your contact information. Click “Pay Now.”
- Check your email for the link of your e-voucher. Save the e-voucher that contains your reference number.
- Use your reference number when you call your hotel to confirm your booking.
All vouchers bought from the Balik sa Bohol Online Sale are valid for a minimum of one year. Sellers may opt to extend the validity if necessary.
Twelve hotels are participating in this sale, including Bluewater Panglao Beach Resort, The Bellevue Resort Bohol, Amarela Resort, and Be Grand Bohol. Meanwhile, nine tours and activities brands are also joining the event. These partner brands make trips to the Chocolate Hills, Loboc River, heritage churches, beaches, and other Boholano destinations possible even amid COVID-19.
How to travel to Bohol during COVID-19
As of writing, only Panglao and Anda are open to non-residents. Those who have secured a hotel booking through the Balik sa Bohol Online Sale only need to secure the following tourist requirements.
Documents required for tourists travelling to Bohol
- Negative RT-PCR test result (taken within 72 hours of travel time)
- Confirmed hotel/resort booking with reference number (found in e-voucher)
- Round-trip transportation tickets
- Valid government-issued ID
Tourist online registration
- Registration in the Province of Bohol website
- Letter of acceptance through the Municipality of Panglao website
- Registration in the Traze Contact Tracing Application
Will tourists need to undergo quarantine?
No. As the towns both require tourists to submit a negative RT-PCR test result, tourists will no longer be subjected to quarantine.
How can tourists without cars get around Bohol?
Only accredited transport operators are allowed to operate point-to-point. These operators will bring visitors to and from resorts, heritage spots, and other destinations. All hotels registered in the Balik sa Bohol Online Sale include hotel transfers as well.
Are there age restrictions when travelling to Panglao?
“Panglao is catering to family tourists,” Panglao Mayor Leonila Montero assures. Everyone, from minors to seniors, is allowed to visit at their own risk.
It’s exciting to see the ingenuity of Bohol as it welcomes travellers back! We’re definitely looking forward to seeing the island’s beaches, hills, rivers, and diving sites soon.
Special thanks to Bluewater Resorts for inviting TripZilla Philippines to the Balik sa Bohol Online Sale campaign.