Want to really travel to Taiwan but discouraged by the tedious visa process? Fear no more! You might just qualify for a VISA-FREE ENTRY to Taiwan (Republic of China) under certain conditions.
A Philippine Passport Holder is eligible for an ROC Travel Authorisation Certificate if he or she meets the following conditions:
- Applicant’s passport must have remaining validity of at least six (6) months starting from the date of arrival in Taiwan;
- Applicant must have an onward/return air or ferry ticket; and,
- Applicant must have NEVER been employed as a blue-collar worker in Taiwan.
Additionally, applicant must have at least one of the following documents issued by the following countries: Australia, Canada, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, any of the Schengen countries, the United Kingdom or the United States.
- Valid resident or permanent resident card;
- Valid entry visa (may be electronic visa); and,
- Resident card or visa that has expired less than 10 years prior to the date of arrival in Taiwan.
You can apply for visa exemption Authorisation Certificate through this website.
Approved ROC Travel Authorisation Certificate are valid for 90 days. Multiple entries to Taiwan are allowed within these 90 days. Those who are allowed visa-free entry may stay in Taiwan for up to 30 days, starting from the day of arrival. Should one wish to apply for another ROC Travel Authorisation Certificate, it must be done at least seven days prior to the expiry of the current certificate.
Those who do not qualify the requirements mentioned above and those who wish to study, work or stay in Taiwan for more than 30 days can still apply for a regular visa at the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the Philippines.
For more details, you can check out here.