Filipinos are widely known for their warmth and hospitality. Islands may have separated the people but their unity as one country always emerges in times of need.
Interestingly, there are some noticeable quirks observed in a Filipino. In fact, it’s easy to tell that you’re a Filipino because…
1. You look back whenever someone hisses to catch your attention
Image Credits: Kareen Satorre
2. You give directions using your pursed lips
Image Credits: The Flama
3. You smile amidst natural calamities and accidents
Image Credits: Baha Ka Lang, Pilipino Ako Fan Page
4. You use a dipper instead of a shower to take a bath
Image Credits: The Daily Roar
5. You eat street foods like chicken feet, pig’s blood and balut
Image Credits: Kin0be
Also read: 18 Comments Every Filipino Traveller Has Dealt With Abroad
6. You dip bread in your coffee
Image Credits: Julie’s Bakeshop
7. You occasionally take a bath under the rain
Image Credits: Afternoonwalks
8. You really want to experience snow
9. You have epic concerts in the bathroom
Image Credits: Psychology Today
10. You know people with cute names like Che-Che, Len-Len, Ton-Ton or Bong-Bong
Image Credits: Bong Bong Marcos
11. You are always late for your appointments
Image Credits: Philstar
12. You eat with your bare hands
Image Credits: World Record Academy
13. You do “mano po” as a way of greeting your grandparents
Image Credits: Beach Resort Philippines
This is done by the person giving the greeting bows towards the offered hand of the elder and presses his or her forehead on the elder’s hand. Similar gesture to hand-kissing.
14. You take home a doggie bag with the leftover food from the party you attended
Image Credits: 3things.org
15. You ask a guest “have you already eaten?” as a general greeting, regardless of time of day and location
Image Credits: Vimeo
Hosts are expected to share if there’s food in their plate. Most of the time, invitees are expected to decline with a polite response “No thanks, I already ate.”
16. You sing videoke in any gathering
Image Credits: theirishtimesla.com
17. You give endearments like “ate” for female or “kuya” for male when you don’t know their names
Image Credits: DYILOL
“Ate” (ah-teh) and “kuya” are also used to call an older sister and older brother.
18. You never fail to haggle when the price is high
Image Credits: Credit.com
Even if the price is already cheap, they still haggle to get a good deal.
19. You say things like “Yes, I think I can make it” when invited to an event, even though you probably won’t show up
Image Credits: Girls on the Grid
Filipinos are too polite to turn down invitations.
20. If you agree to everything you read, you are a true blue Filipino
Image Credits: Inquirer.net
Now tell me, are you of them?
Also Read: 23 Reasons Why It is So Much More Fun in the Philippines