With the Delta variant out there and COVID-19 cases on the rise, strictly adhering to safety protocols is of utmost importance. This includes getting yourself tested if you’ve been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for or is exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 — even if you aren’t experiencing any symptoms yourself. If you’re unable to (or simply prefer not to) leave your house, getting tested at home would be the ideal choice. One such option would be to avail of the Angkas saliva RT-PCR home service, a collaboration with the Philippine Red Cross.
Angkas x Red Cross RT-PCR home service
In an effort to make COVID-19 testing more convenient, the Red Cross launched a partnership with the motorcycle taxi service in March 2021. As per the agreement between the two parties, Angkas’ riders received PRC training on collecting saliva samples for RT-PCR testing.
Each test is priced at ₱1,500, while the service fee costs ₱350. (At the time of writing, they’re offering a discounted rate of ₱250.) Currently, the home service is available in select cities: San Juan, Magic, Makati, Taguig, Pasay, Manila, and Mandaluyong. Turnaround time for results is 24 to 48 hours.
How the Angkas Saliva RT-PCR home service works
To avail Angkas’ home collection of saliva samples for RT-PCR testing, you need only follow a few simple steps:
- Visit https://bit.ly/angkaspcr.
- Indicate the number of tests needed.
- Choose the appropriate location, then click “Add to Cart.”
- Review your cart, then click “Continue.”
- Fill in patient details.
- Choose an appointment schedule.
- Input your address.
- Proceed to checkout.
- Pay the necessary fees.
- Await confirmation of your appointment.
On the day of your appointment, take note of the following reminders:
- No “mouth activity” 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment. This means you can’t smoke, brush your teeth, drink, eat, put on lipstick, or anything else that requires you to place anything in your mouth or on your lips.
- Set aside at least 30 minutes to conduct the test safely. Be sure to look for a comfortable area for this.
- The rider will need a stable Internet connection to collect your data for the Red Cross. If the mobile data is weak in your area, he or she may request to connect to your WiFi.
- Prepare your Red Cross QR code, valid ID, tissue, pen, and alcohol.
- Wear a mask and face shield.
- If you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, you will have to reschedule your appointment. For cancellations made after 5.30pm on the day before your schedule, there is a ₱250 fee.
For more information on Angkas’ saliva RT-PCR home service, click here.
Netizen shares her pleasant experience
In a tweet with over 3,000 retweets and 15,000 likes as of writing, a netizen by the username of @denibeans shared an account of her experience. She highly recommended the service for the following reasons: the affordability of saliva testing as compared to swab testing; fast turnaround of results; and efficiently trained Angkas riders. To add to that, she notes: “You also get to help friendly Angkas riders while at it!”
To know more about saliva testing, click here.
Featured image credit: Philippine Red Cross | Official Facebook Page