Banco de Oro has enabled QR code-based withdrawals at select BDO ATMs in Metro Manila. With this, BDO clients can enjoy faster, more convenient, and more importantly, safer transactions. This is different from the existing account QR code feature of the bank, which is used for sending money.
How to use QR code-based withdrawals at BDO
BDO QR code-based withdrawals were first made available in a number of BDO ATMs in Makati, Mandaluyong, and Pasig. To generate a QR code and enable QR code-based withdrawals at ATMs in these cities, follow these steps:
- Log in to the BDO Digital Banking App. Click ‘More’, then ‘Withdraw’, and finally ‘Via QR’.
- Choose the BDO account where you intend to withdraw money and type in the amount to be withdrawn.
- Review your details and tap ‘Confirm’. Save the QR code.
- To withdraw at any given time, perform the first three steps.
- Go to a select BDO ATM and tap ‘QR Code Transaction’.
- Scan your QR code and wait for the money to be dispensed. As with a regular withdrawal, you’ll have to choose whether you want a receipt or not.
Again, this type of withdrawal is limited to some BDO ATM branches in the Philippines. You can see the complete list of these BDO ATM locations here. Moreover, take note that you’ll need a different QR code for every transaction. For added safety, each QR code is only valid for 24 hours.
All images credited to BDO.