The Philippine Embassy in France has issued an advisory for Filipinos travelling to Paris to be cautious due to an increase in incidents of break-ins, robberies, and pickpocketing in the city.
In the past three years, there has been a string of terror incidents in Paris, the latest being on 12 May 2018.
Filipinos are requested to follow the list of safety guidelines when travelling to France:
- Always secure your personal belongings when visiting tourist spots and taking public transportation
- Be wary of pickpockets
- Keep your passport and other important documents in separate areas.
- Be wary of scam artists who pretend to be hotel guests
- Do not carry many cash
- Keep your bags out of sight when inside the vehicles
- Be alert and vigilant
- Refrain from going to areas that are declared unsafe
If urgent assistance is needed, Filipinos in Paris may call the Philippine Embassy’s 24/7 emergency hotline at +33 6 20 59 25 15.
Filipinos in need of assistance may also visit, call or send a message to the Philippine Embassy through the following details:
Embassy of the Philippines in Paris
45 rue de Ranelagh
4 Hameau de Boulainvilliers
75016 Paris, France
Tel. No.:+33 1 44 14 57 00
Email: [email protected]