Have you ever considered studying abroad? If so, you will want to check the latest scholarship opportunities out there. One of the most known programs for aspiring Filipino graduate students is the Fulbright Foreign Student Program, which is now accepting applications for academic year 2024 to 2025.
Things to know about the Fulbright Foreign Student Program for Filipinos
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program provides scholarship opportunities for Filipinos who wish to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree or a non-degree doctoral dissertation research. For academic year 2024 to 2025, applications will be due on 30 Apr 2023.
You may choose to take various fields of study, including a study of the United States (e.g., American culture, government, law, history) and global issues (e.g., environment, human rights, governance and public administration, public health and STEM fields).
The grant will cover your expenses for a maximum of one academic year for non-degree and two years for master’s or doctoral degree studies. Included here are the following:
- Round-trip airfare expenses
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Tuition and other school fees
- Book and school supplies allowance
- Health and accident insurance
Filipinos who wish to apply for the Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2024 must fulfil the following:
- Philippine citizenship
- Dual citizens, permanent US residents, or those presently studying in the US are not eligible.
- English proficiency
- College degree with a major in a field of specialisation; excellent undergraduate record
- At least two years of professional work experience (after college) in their field of specialisation
- Good health to pursue graduate work in the US
- Must return to the Philippines immediately upon completion of study
How to apply for the Fulbright Foreign Student Program for Filipinos
- Complete the online application at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2024.
- Click “Start New Application.”
- Open the “Fulbright Foreign Student Program Academic Year 2024-2025” application.
- Select the “Country Information” tab.
- Under the Award Information portion, select or change the award to “Fulbright Graduate Student Program.”
- Upload the following documents on the portal:
- Official or certified transcript of records from all colleges/universities attended
- Certified true copy of diploma
- Three reference letters
- NBI Clearance acquired in the past six months
Pursuing an education abroad is definitely an exciting feat. Planning to apply to the Foreign Student Program for Filipinos? Share your story with us on Facebook!
For more information, visit the official website of Fulbright Philippines.