Registered for a Philippine National ID (PhilID) and have not yet gotten yours after months of waiting? Welcome to the club. Fortunately, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) recently announced an alternative ID for those who have yet to receive their physical PhilID: a printed ePhilID (electronic Philippine ID).
On 5 Oct 2022, the PSA posted on its website: “This is to inform the public and all relying parties of the Philippine Identification System (PhilSys) on the use and acceptance of the various formats of the PhilSys digital ID, including the printed ePhilID, as a valid and sufficient proof of identity and age, subject to authentication.”
What is the ePhilID?
Like the physical PhilID, the ePhilID or digital PhilID contains security features and holds the following demographic data:
- Full name
- Blood type
- Marital status
- Date and place of birth
- 1×1 photo
- Residential address
- QR code with unique digital signature
How to get your ePhilID
- Visit the ePhilID Appointment System website.
- Enter your transaction reference number (TRN).
- Fill out all the information requested.
- Wait for a verification code sent to your mobile number and e-mail address.
- Choose the registration centre and set an appointment time for picking up your printed ePhilID.
- Download your appointment slip.
- Visit the registration centre on your appointment date and claim your printed ePhilID.
Earlier this year, the PSA announced the upcoming release of three formats of PhilID cards: printed, downloadable, and mobile-friendly. It also shared its plans to deliver 30 million physical cards and establish 20 million digital cards this year.
“The PSA is continuously working on the printing and delivery of PhilID cards to close the gap between the number of registered individuals and cards delivered,” Deputy National Statistician of the PhilSys Registry Office, Fred Solleta said.
For updates and more information, visit the PSA Philippine Identification System’s official Facebook page.
Featured image credit: Philippine Statistics Authority | Official Website