Thinking of travelling to Siargao? Before jetting off to the country’s Surfing Capital, it’s best that you acquaint yourself with the necessary protocols and requirements. From who may visit the province to the essential documents, below are the Siargao travel requirements as of October 2021.
Siargao travel overview
Siargao reopened to tourists on 1 Sep 2021. As of 1 Oct, the province is under GCQ (General Community Quarantine) Alert Level 4. Strict COVID-19 protocols remain in place.
Who can travel to Siargao?
Siargao is currently open to returning residents, government APOR (Authorized Persons Outside Residence), and private APOR. For leisure travel, the province is open to domestic tourists from GCQ and MGCQ areas.
The following are allowed entry to the province from GCQ and MGCQ areas on a point-to-point basis:
- Visitors below 18
- Fully vaccinated travellers above 65 years old
- Fully vaccinated with comorbidities and other health issues
- Fully vaccinated pregnant women
COVID-19 health and safety protocols
All tourists must comply with protocols upon arrival in Siargao:
- Wearing of face masks and face shields in public areas
- Observance of social distancing in public areas
- Regular washing and sanitising of hands
- Rapid antigen test after the fifth day (for those staying more than five days)
Siargao travel requirements
Regardless of vaccination status, domestic tourists must prepare the following requirements. These will have to be presented by passengers upon arrival in the province.
- Negative swab/saliva RT-PCR test, released within 48 hours before arrival in Siargao*
- Confirmed round-trip flight or ferry tickets
- Confirmed booking at an accredited accommodation for at least two nights*
- Valid ID with address
- S-PaSS registration and QR code
- Traze App
*Children 17 years old and below are exempted from having to present a negative COVID-19 test result.
**Staying with a friend or relative? Tourists invited by Siargao residents must present a Travel Certification issued by the Mayor of your destination stating that you are a tourist invited by a local.
Where to stay in Siargao
Prior to travelling to Siargao, tourists must secure a booking at a Department of Tourism-accredited accommodation. We’ve handpicked a few establishments that have been provided a Certificate of Authority to Operate (CAO) issued by the DOT:
- Bravo Beach Resort
- Isla Cabana
- Harana Surf Resort
- Reef Beach Resort
- Soeliana Resort
- Siargao Bleu Resort and Spa
- Romantic Beach Villas
- Sandy Feet Siargao
For the full updated list of accredited hotels and resorts, visit the Surigao Del Norte Tourism and Culture Office’s official Facebook page.
Siargao travel resources
For more information and other official Siargao-related travel updates, you may visit these links:
- Surigao Del Norte Tourism and Culture Office Official Facebook Page
- Travel Philippines App Official Website
Featured image credit: flo bra via Canva Pro