The University of the Philippines Diliman’s graduation season is always something to look forward to every year. A few weeks before the university-wide rites, sunflowers are planted along the University Avenue which bloom just in time to welcome visitors and students in their sleek barongs and dresses. And as it always does, this year’s florets did not disappoint nature lovers, photographers and obviously, the graduating students themselves! Here are some of our favourite sunflower photos this year.
1. It’s all about choosing the right accessory!
2. What’s better than posing solo with sunflowers? Sharing the shot with your BFF of course!
3. The flowers are practically as tall as (even taller than) than most of us.
4. Don’t forget to include the IG-worthy Quezon Hall in the background as well.
5. How ’bout a close-up?
In frame: @jemestalilla . . . @postthepeople #postthepeople @creativesocialmag #creativesocialmag @pursuitofportraits #pursuitofportraits @portraitvision #portraitvision @featureportraits #featureportraits @moodyport #moodyports @portraitpage #portraitpage @portraitmood #portraitmood @portraitvision #portraitvision @portraitfestival #portraitfestival #sunflowers #portrait #sunflowerportraits #springcraze #updiliman #bokehlicious #doingthebrandonwoelfel #getbrandonverified #brandonwoelfel #woelfpack @bran.wolf @brandonwoelfel
6. Or chance a shot from above to get more sunflowers in the frame!
7. A matching yellow or orange-toned OOTD should come as a no-brainer.
8. It’s blooming everywhere!
“Gusto ko rin ng photo sa sunflowers na naka-sablay” We may not have been together as we struggled through our first few years in UP, but I promise to spend the rest of my and your (our) sablay moments by your side. Here’s to our first sablay moment together! 🌻☺️ Looking forward to our next ones @leandroanton.castro
9. Simplicity is key too!
10. And sometimes, a little more movement goes a long way, yes?
Despite some rain here and there, these bright and inspiring grams prove that there’s always going to be a rainbow at the end of it all — to bring smiles and colour back to an otherwise sombre day. So, are you ready for your own sunflower shoot?