Proximity, affordability, and similarities in culture are just some of the prime reasons why a lot of Filipinos have always been drawn to Thailand. Now, we can also add “easiest places to travel to amid COVID-19,” after the country eased its travel restrictions for tourists including those from the Philippines. Keep reading to learn more about the Thailand travel requirements for Filipino visitors.
Test and Go travel Thailand requirements for Filipinos
Effective 1 Nov 2021, Filipinos travelling to Thailand for tourism purposes can enter the country without mandatory quarantine. This is part of Thailand’s “Test and Go” program, which lists the Philippines as one of the eligible nations. Interested in travelling to Thailand amid the pandemic? Here are some things you should prepare.
- Philippine passport with at least six months validity and showing you have not left the Philippines within 21 days from your departure date.
- Certificate of Vaccination proving you have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least two weeks before your trip. The approved vaccines are: CoronaVac (Sinovac), AstraZeneca, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, COVILO (Sinopharm), Janssen (Johnson & Johnson), and Sputnik V.
- Medical certificate showing a negative RT-PCR result taken within 72 hours before your trip. If infected with COVID-19 three months or more before your flight, present a Certificate of Recovery.
- Confirmed payment of a second RT-PCR test to be taken upon arrival in Thailand and a self-antigen test kit which you must use during your sixth or seventh day in Thailand.
- Confirmed booking in a government-approved Thailand hotel good for one night.
- COVID-19 insurance with a minimum coverage of US$50,000 (about ₱2,500,000). This is in case you or someone from your travel group gets infected with COVID-19 while in Thailand.
- Thailand Pass registration, which will provide you with a QR code to be scanned upon arrival in Thailand. Apply for one here.
Terms for quarantine-free travel to Thailand
For the fourth and fifth requirements, you may get them as part of a package offered by select hotels in Thailand. The package usually includes the RT-PCR test in Thailand, an antigen test kit, a one-night accommodation, and land transfer between the airport and your hotel in Thailand.
Furthermore, travellers who are under 12 years old with a parent or guardian as a travel companion need not submit a vaccination certificate. Meanwhile, those under six years of age have the option to do a saliva test in place of an RT-PCR test upon arrival in their Thailand hotel or testing centre.
Note that as of writing, once in Thailand, you may only travel by land or air to “Blue Zone” areas. These are cities or provinces generally considered safe to travel due to relaxed restrictions. This applies to visits not more than 10 days long. If your travel exceeds this period, you will be eligible to travel to other Thailand destinations as you wish.
So, are you ready to explore Thailand once more? Be sure to thoroughly follow the requirements for travel to Thailand from the Philippines in 2021!
Featured image credit: Sung Shin | Unsplash