You may have heard of flights to nowhere. In the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, a number of international airlines took passengers on a single round-trip journey to help them rekindle the joy of travelling without compromising travel restrictions.
For Filipinos unable to travel, it’s possible to take part in an initiative that closely resembles it; and it’s through the Cebu Pacific Super Pass.
What is the Cebu Pacific Super Pass?
Launched in May 2021, this rare offer by the Philippines’ biggest low-cost airline aims to give passengers the chance to buy a Cebu Pacific ticket without a destination and schedule. With a single-use voucher, passengers may “choose and redeem flights without the pressure of planning too far ahead,” according to its website.
The voucher costs as low as ₱99 and is redeemable at any Cebu Pacific and Cebgo domestic destination seven to 30 days before one’s preferred date of departure. Available for one-way Philippine flights, the Cebu Pacific Super Pass will only be sold between 7 and 12 May 2021, or until the vouchers last. For round-trip journeys, you’ll need to buy a separate voucher.
How to buy a voucher
To buy your own Cebu Pacific Super Pass, follow these steps as enumerated by the airline:
- Visit the Cebu Pacific website (cebupacificair.com) or open the Cebu Pacific mobile application.
- Click the ‘CEB Super Pass’ banner to be redirected to the purchase page.
- View the CEB Super Pass T&C, FAQ, and instructions on how to redeem the pass before purchasing.
- Enter the number of vouchers you want to purchase.
- On the guest details page, enter your passenger details. Please make sure to enter your correct details exactly as shown in your government-issued IDs.
- On the payment page, you may settle via credit card, PayPal, Alipay, or travel fund.
- Once your purchase of CEB Super Pass is successful, you will be notified of your booking reference number and all other purchase details via email.
You must book a new flight, as the voucher does not apply to existing bookings with Cebu Pacific. The airline allows a maximum of 10 CEB Super Passes per transaction and may also be purchased for another person as long as his or her name is specified on the voucher. It’s likewise non-reroutable, non-transferable, and non-refundable.
Once you’ve purchased a voucher, you have until 24 May 2022 to redeem it.
How to redeem flights
When redeeming, the flight dates must fall between 12 May 2021 and 31 May 2022, subject to seat availability. Cebu Pacific adds, “the CEB Super Pass can NOT be redeemed offline via ticket offices, airport counters, call centers, travel agents, and other online channels apart from the Cebu Pacific website or mobile app.”
Refer to the following table for the flights redeemable with the voucher:
To redeem, follow these steps as enumerated by Cebu Pacific:
- Visit the Cebu Pacific website or Cebu Pacific mobile application and click on the CEB Super Pass homepage banner to be redirected to the redemption page.
- Click on the ‘Redeem CEB Super Pass’ Tab and enter the booking reference provided during purchase and the surname of any passenger in the booking reference.
- All purchased CEB Super Pass vouchers will be displayed. Tick the Round-Trip checkbox if you are planning a round-trip journey. Click the voucher/s you will use for redemption.
- On the Search Flight page, search and select your desired flight based on the available list of flights.
- Complete the necessary details on the Guest Details Page.
- Add-ons are available if you wish to purchase, subject to additional fees and charges.
- Pay for the remaining amount due via credit card, Alipay, PayPal, or travel fund.
- Once payment is successful, you will be redirected to a confirmation page where a new booking reference number will be provided for your selected destination and date.
Other things to know about the CEB Super Pass
The Cebu Pacific Super Pass is rebookable following Cebu Pacific’s rebooking terms and conditions. This includes instances wherein the flight booked with the voucher is cancelled, delayed, or rescheduled. In addition, request for name changes and availing of further discounts are not permitted upon purchasing the Super Pass.
Furthermore, the Cebu Pacific Super Pass only covers the base fare and web admin fee. Upon booking, you will still be required to pay for optional add-ons, government taxes, and other charges.
Featured image credit: Cristian Negroni via Canva Pro