Bring out the sunscreen and those summery OOTDs that have long been sitting in your closet because we’ve got good news! The world-class El Nido Resorts on Miniloc Island has officially reopened to leisure travellers in the Philippines. Thanks to the newly implemented El Nido travel bubble setup, you can enjoy a three-night vacation in one of the world’s best islands.
This El Nido travel bubble will include direct flights from Metro Manila, which will be scheduled twice a month. As of writing, the next available trip is from 25 to 28 September 2020. (There’s an earlier one scheduled 11 to 14 September, but alas, it was instantly sold out within days of its announcement!)
That said, Miniloc Island Resort is offering direct flights flying in and out from the private hangar of AirSwift, which is close to Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 4. Flights will land in El Nido Airport (otherwise known as Lio Airport) in Barangay Villa Libertad — a few minutes away from downtown El Nido.
What to expect from the El Nido travel bubble
In case you haven’t heard, El Nido Resorts is a group of luxury accommodations found all over Palawan. Aside from Miniloc Island, it also comprises Apulit Island, Pangulasian Island, and Lagen Island. However, Miniloc Island Resort is the only one open for leisure travel as of now.
El Nido Resorts also happens to be the first to receive a Certificate of Authority to Operate from the Department of Tourism (DOT). This is quite an amazing feat, given that they’ve complied with the guidelines to accept leisure guests at 50% capacity. And now that Palawan is under MGCQ, Miniloc Island Resort is the first to reopen its doors to travellers coming from outside Palawan!
Under the El Nido travel bubble, the resort will implement contactless booking. Guests will have to undergo RT-PCR testing 72 hours prior to their flight to Palawan. They will also need to fill out health and travel declaration forms upon reservation.
What to expect in Miniloc Island Resort
We’ve listed below some of the things you can expect upon your arrival, should you push through with a trip to this dreamy tropical paradise:
- Low-contact check-in and check-out via QR codes, e-mail, and cashless payment options
- Regular disinfection and cleaning of rooms
- Installation of protective barriers in all reception areas
- Full board meals are still available, but will be served in pre-set boxes with biodegradable utensils, instead of the usual buffet.
- Meals are served in-room. However, guests can opt for a private dinner arrangement at an additional fee.
Here are also some guidelines that are guests are highly encouraged to follow to ensure a safe vacation:
- Wearing of PPEs (face masks and shields, most especially)
- Observance of physical distancing measures and markers in the premises
- Island hopping tours and activities are available, but for a limited number of guests to ensure physical distancing.
- Diving and snorkelling activities are also available.
- For diving, guests must bring their own regulator.
- Guests may avail of complimentary snorkelling gearings that are regularly sanitised. Alternatively, they can also purchase from the resort boutiques or bring their own!
A few more notes
El Nido Resorts on Miniloc Island will accept guests of all ages. However, for the time being, it will not accommodate guests with pre-existing health risks or comorbidities. As for the flights, there will be safety measures inside the planes, while the shuttles to and from El Nido airport are sanitised after every trip.
Oh, and if you’re wondering if it has to be a three-night stay, then that would be a yes. So, if you’re planning to book the next trip later this month, you’ll have to book all three nights! (Come on, you deserve this lengthy stay after being stuck at home these past few months.)
Ready to experience the best of traditional Filipino coastal village vibes on the sunny Miniloc Island? Find out more about the place here. For more info on the El Nido travel bubble and safety protocols, you can read further here.
Featured image credit: El Nido Resorts | Official Website