Chef’s Pencil, an international food magazine that highlights delicious recipes and restaurants, has unveiled the trending cuisines are around the world. Racking up 1,661,000 tags on Instagram, Filipino cuisine (tagged as #Filipinofood) is currently the 10th most popular cuisine in the world. It even outranks some of the most celebrated global cuisines in the world such as Spanish cuisine, French cuisine, and more. Check out the list below!
Top 15 of the most popular cuisines on Instagram
- Japanese cuisine (15,523,000 tags)
- Italian cuisine (14,720,000 tags)
- Indian cuisine (8,589,000 tags)
- Korean cuisine (7,524,000 tags)
- Thai cuisine (7,324,000 tags)
- Mexican cuisine (6,708,000 tags)
- Chinese cuisine (6,489,000 tags)
- Indonesian cuisine (3,815,000 tags)
- Vietnamese cuisine (2,845,000 tags)
- Filipino cuisine (1,661,000 tags)
- French Cuisine (1,513,000 tags)
- Greek Cuisine (1,509,000 tags)
- Peruvian Cuisine (1,110,000 tags)
- Spanish Cuisine (1,093,000 tags)
- Turkish Cuisine (1,076,000 tags)
You can also read the full report from Chef’s Pencil here.
Now, doesn’t this make you want to prepare a comforting meal later? While Instagram isn’t necessarily the sole indicator of prestige, the number of times Filipino cuisine has been mentioned is no laughing matter. Many users rely on the social media platform to help them narrow down what or where to eat — and certainly, our local restaurants and small food businesses could use all the help they can get during this pandemic.
Featured image credit: SJ . | Unsplash