The life of an international Filipino traveller is one of countless struggles. Strict immigration officers, complex visa application procedures, limited overseas transports, small exchange rates, so on and so forth. But, even in the face of adversity, we often manage to put a smile on our faces and turn bad experiences into good ones — even as simple as through sharing travel hugots and memes inspired by none other than our favourite Filipino movies!
1. When the immigration officer is asking you too many questions
2. When the visa officer denies your application
3. When a seat sale still offers expensive flights
4. When your boss or parent tells you to stop travelling too much
5. When you’re sharing travel photos and people call you “mayabang”
6. When people think you’re a different nationality
7. When your friends and colleagues ask for pasalubongs like there’s no tomorrow
If only you could actually say these things to the relevant people, right? If you have any particular struggle as a Filipino traveller, especially abroad, let us know about it!