In February 2021, Banco de Oro announced that it would make QR code-based withdrawals possible. Specifically, at select BDO ATMs or automated teller machines in Metro Manila, which would allow its clients to enjoy faster, more convenient, and more importantly, safer transactions.
With a QR code, you’ll no longer need to use your BDO card when taking out money. The cardless transaction would also prevent you from touching a BDO ATM as much as possible, thereby reducing risks to get COVID-19 or any other contact-based conditions for that matter. This service is different from the existing account QR code feature of BDO, which is used for sending money.
How to use QR code-based withdrawals at BDO
Currently, BDO QR code-based withdrawals are only available in select ATMs in Makati, Mandaluyong, and Pasig. To generate a QR code and enable QR code-based withdrawals at BDO ATMs in these cities, follow these steps:
- Log in to the BDO Digital Banking App. Click ‘More’, then ‘Withdraw’, and finally ‘Via QR’.
- Choose the BDO account where you intend to withdraw money from and type in the amount to be withdrawn.
- Review your details and tap ‘Confirm’. Save the QR code.
- To withdraw at any given time, perform the first three steps.
- Go to a select BDO ATM and tap ‘QR Code Transaction’.
- Scan your QR code and wait for the money to be dispensed. As with a regular withdrawal, you’ll have to choose whether you want a receipt or not.
Again, you can only do these QR code-based withdrawals at select BDO ATMs at the moment. See the complete list of these ATMs here. Soon, it would also be available in key cities nationwide. Take note that you’ll need a different QR code for every withdrawal. For added safety, each QR code is only valid for 24 hours.
All images credited to BDO.