You read that right! Taiwan is giving out a FREE Taiwan pass for Philippine passport holders! This means Filipinos can avail of free and easy tourist services in Taiwan that would normally be worth NT$499 (₱830).
Here’s everything you need to know:
- The Taiwan Pass is only valid until 31 December 2019.
- It’s a first come first served basis. You can not book a Taiwan Pass online.
- There are two kinds of the FREE Taiwan Pass: Tainan Pass and KPP Taiwan Pass.
- Terms and conditions apply.
The Tainan Pass (Tainan Amazing) includes…
- A limited-edition Tainan Pass (iPass)
- A one-day bus pass in Tainan City (24 hours unlimited access)
- Free passes to two of four Tainan historical sites (Anping Fort, Old Tait & Co., Merchant House/Anping Tree House, Chikan Tower, Eternal Golden Castle)
- Chimei Museum ticket
- Ten Drum Culture ticket
- Chimei Happiness Factory ticket
- Two free Tainan souvenirs
The KPP Taiwan Pass includes…
- A limited-edition KPP Taiwan Pass (iPass)
- A two-day free Kaohsiung MRT (excluding light rail)
- A Solar-powered Love Boat ticket
- Dream Mall Ferris Wheel ticket
- Free Ki A Peng Sian traditional ice cream (Flavours: Yam, Peanut, Mung Bean, Red Bean, Brown Sugar Konjac, Longan Glutinous Rice)
- Free Tea Renaissance milk tea
Also read: 25 Taiwan Souvenirs & Where You Can Buy Them
Where to get your FREE Taiwan Pass:
- Tainan Pass: Tainan Railway Station; Address: No. 4, Sec. 2, Beimen Rd., East District, Tainan City; tel: 06-2290082, service hours: 7.30am-7pm
- KPP Taiwan Pass: Kaohsiung International Airport (domestic travel); Address: No. 2, Zhongshan 4th Rd., Xiaogang District, Kaohsiung City; tel: 07-8019206, service hours: 9am-11pm
How to get your FREE Taiwan Pass:
- Go to the designated tourism service centres of Tainan Pass and KPP Taiwan Pass mentioned above.
- Present your Philippine passport, e-ticket (or printed copy) of departure from the Philippines, and a screenshot from any online promotion about the FREE Taiwan Pass. (You can even present the image of this article!)
- After these steps, you will receive your FREE Taiwan Pass!
With a Visa-free entry and a FREE Taiwan pass, Philippine passport holders are in for a fun and affordable trip to Taiwan this Christmas. It’s time to book that ticket! Look out for awesome flight deals on Flight Deals — Philippines too!
Information extracted from Taipei Economic and Culture Office in the Philippines (TECO)