A mind of a writer is sometimes restless to the point that we think of such random things at any given moment, but I’m sure we’re not the only ones who do so when we travel. Amidst the wonder and discovery we experience as travellers, there comes a point in our journey where all of us are guilty of thinking the most random things that other people might laugh at if they just knew what our brains were telling us at that moment. Some thoughts are amusing while some are brought about by watching too many action movies. You can probably relate to these too.
Thoughts from being hungry
1. When you’re abroad: May Jollibee kaya rito?
2. “The tour just started but I’m already starving…”
3. “Good thing I packed some Skyflakes in my bag!”
4. Or…”Why didn’t I pack some Skyflakes in my bag?!”
5. “Is the tour almost over? I’m officially hangry…”
Thoughts from being paranoid
6. “Maybe I should have just left my passport at the hotel”
7. “Do I sound weird to these foreigners?”
8. “I wonder if I smell weird to them too…”#overthinking
9. “If this plane crashes, who’s going to save me?!”
10. “What if something’s wrong with my visa after all and I get detained?”
Thoughts from watching too many movies
11. “What if I get kidnapped in my hotel room?” *scenes from Taken starts playing in your head*
12. What if all of these paintings and statues come to life like in Night at the Museum?
13. “I see the temple! I feel like Lara Croft already!”
14. “It feels so magical here. Did we just walk into Narnia?”
15. While swimming at the beach: “Why is the Jaws sound effect stuck in my head?!”
Thoughts from being bored
16. “I wonder what my dog is doing back home”
17. “How often do they clean the buses and trains in this country?”
18. “If I recline my seat, will the person behind me get annoyed?”
19. “Which photo is more Instagram-worthy?”
20. “My work email’s probably flooded by now…”
Also read: 10 Hugot Lines for Your Commuting Feels
Whether you’re travelling local or overseas, you’ll have moments when you’re hungry or even bored that’ll make you think the weirdest or unpredictable things. But this kind of randomness is what keeps people interesting and fun. So we say, embrace it!