Driving in the Philippines is not for the faint of heart. However, if there’s one thing that has made it easier for drivers to get around, it’s most definitely the expressways — a break from the heavy traffic conditions in the metro. On top of that, RFIDs or radio frequency identification have made queueing for major tollways in the Philippines more efficient and much faster.
How do you use the RFID? First, have your RFID sticker installed in your vehicle and make sure that you have sufficient load balance. Then, you’ll be able to pass through toll gates conveniently and with ease. But, how will you know if you have enough load left? There are a few ways to check your remaining balance for both Autosweep and EasyTrip RFID accounts. Keep on reading to find out!
How to check RFID balance for Autosweep
To check your Autosweep RFID balance, you can do a balance inquiry through the official Autosweep website, via SMS, or through the Autosweep mobile app.
- Visit the official Autosweep customer web portal here.
- Log in or create an account by providing the necessary information. Your account number and card number can be located on the back of your Autosweep card.
- Your Autosweep RFID account can be found on the dashboard under Enrolled Accounts. If not, you can set it up manually by adding a new account and providing your account number and plate or card (ATG) number.
- Once you see your RFID account under Enrolled Accounts, click Balance to see your current load amount.
- Text Autosweep BALINQ [card number] to +63-917-860-8655 for Globe users and +63-918-860-8655 for Smart users.
Autosweep mobile app
- Download the Autosweep mobile app on the Google Play Store. As of writing, the app is still not available on the App Store for Apple users.
- Once the installation process is complete, you can choose to create an account or tap on Quick Balance for faster balance inquiry.
- For those registering a new account:
- Tap Register and provide the necessary information needed. Once you’ve created your account, you can already log in.
- On the dashboard, tap Add Account to enrol your RFID account.
- Once you see your RFID account under Enrolled Accounts, tap Balance to see your current load amount.
- For those opting for Quick Balance:
- Tap Quick Balance and input your RFID account number. Then, tap Check Balance to see your current load amount.
How to check RFID balance for EasyTrip
To check your EasyTrip RFID balance, you can do a balance inquiry through the official EasyTrip website, via SMS, or through the MPT DriveHub mobile app.
- Visit the official EasyTrip website here.
- The landing page will lead you to a Quick Balance Inquiry window. Provide the necessary information and select one of the additional information: Plate number, email address, or contact number.
- Input your additional information and click Check Balance to proceed.
- Text BAL [12-digit account number] to +63-919-160-1553
MPT DriveHub mobile app
- Download the MPT DriveHub mobile app on the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Once the installation process is complete, tap Sign Up to create an account and provide the necessary information. You will receive an OPT verification code via SMS to confirm your registration.
- Log in to your new account and tap Add RFID Account under the RFID section.
- Input your EasyTrip account number, card number, and the location of your RFID sticker on your vehicle (headlap, windshield, or others).
- Once you’ve enrolled your RFID account, your current balance will be reflected on the dashboard.
There you have it: Simple, fast, and easy steps on how to check your RFID balance for Autosweep and EasyTrip! Now, all you need to do is to make sure you have sufficient load before driving out. Safe travels, everyone!
Featured image credit: NLEX | Official Website