One of the most important payments to take note of when flying abroad is the travel tax. While this transaction can be settled at the airport itself, can you imagine a queue forming just minutes away from a flight? You can most definitely leave that thought on the ground by paying your TIEZA travel tax online. Just follow these guidelines and steps for hassle-free flights.
Also read: ‘Airport to Anywhere’ Now Available on Grab PH
Who should pay TIEZA travel tax?
First, you have to know if you should pay travel tax to the Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority (TIEZA). Good thing that this levy is only imposed whenever travelling to other countries. So, don’t worry about travel taxes when flying domestically!
The TIEZA travel tax only applies to international travellers. Filipino citizens, taxable foreign passport holders, and non-immigrant foreign passport holders who have stayed in the Philippines for more than one year and wish to travel abroad will need to pay the levy. As mentioned above, travel taxes can be settled at the airport while waiting for the flight.
Also read: Things to Do Near Manila Airport While Waiting for Your Flight
How to pay TIEZA travel tax online
Queuing inside the airport can be tedious. Wouldn’t you rather spend that time resting instead? Fortunately, paying the TIEZA travel tax online is easy and convenient. You can even pay for it even if your flight is just hours away! Here are a few ways to pay:
- Visit their website here and click on the box that applies to your flight.
- Create a one-time account for the website by filling out the necessary details.
- Once done, activate your account through a system email from TIEZA.
- Using the activated account, provide the site with the following flight details: ticket number, mobile number, date of departure, and country of destination.
- You have two payment channels to choose from when paying your travel tax: either through Bayad Center or a credit/debit card. Pick the most convenient way for you to pay for your travel tax.
Once you’ve settled your payment, an acknowledgement receipt will be sent to your email address. Produce two copies of the document and present them to the check-in counter before your flight!
If you’re travelling as a group, the same steps apply, but you will need to access this website instead. Up to five people can be added to a single transaction. Pretty easy, right?
Also read: 10 Tipid-Friendly Destinations for Your Next International Barkada Trip
Enjoying an airport’s amenities or settling down while you wait for a flight is a lot more fun than queueing to pay for travel tax. By paying TIEZA travel tax online, you’ll be in and out of the airport in no time!
Featured image credit: kuppa_rock via Canva Pro