There is so much more to Vietnam than pho, banh mi, and coffee. Apart from its delicious food, our neighbour from the north also boasts a rich and poetic history. Whether you’re going to the reserved but exciting capital Hanoi or the thrilling streets of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam will exceed your expectations. To begin your journey in this vibrant country, here are the Vietnam travel requirements you must know about.
Vietnam travel requirements for Philippine passport holders
Philippine passport holders flying into Vietnam won’t need tourist and business visas should they stay no more than 21 days. Instead, you will need to secure the following documents:
- Passport with at least six months’ validity
- At least two (2) blank pages in the passport for visa stamp
- Proof of onward travel in 21 days or less
A 21-day stay in Vietnam is a relatively long period, but what if you still want to stay? You will need a visa from the Embassy of Vietnam in the Philippines. As of writing, you cannot apply for a tourist visa while in Vietnam.
The best way to acquire tourist and business visas is through online applications. A minimum of 30 days is allowed for tourist and business visas.
COVID-19 health and safety protocols in Vietnam
Upon arrival in Vietnam, travellers should also have the following requirements, as per the Vietnamese Ministry of Health (MoH):
- A declaration of health through the PC-COVID mobile app
- Health or travel insurance worth at least ₱562,880.00
The MoH also recommends their 5K Policy as preventive guidelines for visitors. This includes the following:
- Social distancing
- Disclosing health status in the PC-COVID mobile app
- Wearing a mask outside
- Washing hands regularly
- Avoiding large gatherings
Vietnam is fun to discover and even more fun to stay in. From civil wars to the French colonial rule, Vietnam has a lot of gripping stories to tell to its visitors through its historical sites. Pair it with the simple but nuanced depth of their food, and you’ll want to return to this country the moment you leave it.
Planning to explore more international destinations? Check out more of our COVID-19 travel guides:
- Japan Travel Requirements for Philippine Passport Holders
- South Korea Travel Requirements for Philippine Passport Holders
- Indonesia Travel Requirements for Philippine Passport Holders
Featured image credit: galitskaya via Canva Pro